Friday, February 6, 2015

Abundant Harvest

Since I started showing a painting of a  pomegranates on my last post, I thought I would continue with them.  I'm sure you can see how I am struggling to find "my" style.  (just wait until you see the next post).  By comparing the two paintings, you wouldn't know they were painted by the same artist.
I love painting on a black canvas and this was the start of this one.  I don't think the colors were as vibrant as the last post, but I think the palette is harmonious.  I am amazed how cerebral painting is when you try to incorporate and all the principles into a painting.  Today, I actually forgot to think about warm and cool  (I'll post that one later, hopefully corrected).


Abundant Harvest
9 x 12"
Oil on Canvas
$275

No comments:

Post a Comment