Friday, January 23, 2015

On Guard

I love Fridays!  It's the day I drive to Las Cruces to meet with the Artists Guild of Southern New Mexico.  Today Lindy, Carol, Anne, Sue and I met with our cherished mentor, Julie Ford Oliver.  How lucky can we get!!!  She had suggested we work with Ned Jacob's limited palette.  It was a real challenge for me as I wasn't sure I could get the colors I am used to painting with.  (she said I could use turquoise) I do love the color harmony one can achieve. I will try to paint tomorrows chick using it.


On Guard
8 x 6 inches
Oil on Canvas
$40 Auction
Click on the photos under DPW to bid

1 comment:

  1. Quite majestic. Your colors are rich - great job.
    I have really enjoyed your series of chickens for the Challenge. They are so authentic ...but after all, you do own some!

    ReplyDelete