Saturday, December 20, 2014

My First Blog

A few weeks ago, I participated in an Art Show and Sale with 14 friends I’ve been painting with for several years.  We had several hundred people attend in a great venue.  While i was pleased with my sales, I was struck by the many different styles I displayed.  The only constant was color!
I talked to my friend and mentor, Julie Ford Oliver, about the problem and she readily agreed with me.  She suggested two things: one, to start blogging and two, to join the 30 Day Challenge with Leslie Saeta.
So, here is my attempt at blogging.  I plan to post these on my DPW gallery while also posting to the 30 day challenge starting in January.

   

Various Styles from my Art Show




2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to see the show and your work really stood out with its beautiful and vibrant colors.
    Judging from your many sales - a lot of people admired your work
    Will watch with interest as you embark on a new focus with your art.
    You are a very good painter so it will be absorbing for you...and challenging!
    You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Julie for your comments and encouragement. So honored to have you as my first commenter!

    ReplyDelete